Friday 9 May 2008

death cab for cutie

i haven't listened to death cab for cutie in quite a while, they were the music that accompanied the break up of me and my ex, and i went to see them two weeks after that and saw him there. and however much i adore them, the sense of them being associated with someone i dislike so much made me neglect them.

but i listened to transatlanticism over the easter holidays and smiled and enjoyed the music, i have since remembered why it is one of my favourite albums ever, it makes me so happy, and the songs are just so amazing, the lyrics are brilliant and it will just always be a classic in my eyes.

then, the new album 'narrow stairs' leaked.

i had already heard 'i will possess your heart' and thought it was great, and the rest of the album has not disappointed. i think my initial favourites are 'no sunlight', 'cath...' and 'i will possess your heart'. but the album just flows so beautifully, that i think its difficult to choose favourites, it's almost as though it's one big song, just divided into track names.

so yes, i am impressed, and have definitely rediscovered my love for death cab.



----------------
Now playing: Death Cab For Cutie - Talking Bird

2 comments:

Matt said...

that gig might have had that moment you mentioned, but they were amazing that night. if i had to decide i'd say that was slightly better than at the leccy ballroom last week.

bring on brixton, and yey you actually being allowed to come this time!

lorzy said...

i know! im buying my ticket this week, cuz i had to change my billing address. BUT IM SO EXCITED.